IMPLANTS ARE THE ACCEPTED STATE OF QUALITY CARE IN MODERN DENTISTRY.
Implants are the most successful way to replace missing teeth:
- Implant supported crowns are 95% successful over the life of the crown.
a) Teeth that are root-canalled and crowned are 60% successful.
- Implant supported bridges and crowns are 95% successful.
b) Tooth supported bridges are 50% to 60% successful for an average of 6-18 years.
- Implants prevent bone loss by filling the root socket.
c) 30% of bone is lost when roots are removed and not grafted.
- Grafting root sockets preserves the height and thickness of the jaw bone.
d) 30% bone loss will necessitate an extra surgical procedure.
- Implants are surgical titanium that will not decay.
e) Crowned bridge teeth can decay, be sensitive or need root canals.
- Costs over the life of implants is less due to their longevity.
f) Lifetime costs are greater due to the need for replacements.
- Placement of implants is less traumatic than saving a tooth by root canal and post-crown.
g) There is more swelling, bleeding and discomfort from root canals, posts and crowns.
Today implants are used in many ways:
- Implants anchor removable bridges with no trauma to adjacent teeth.
- Implants stabilize full dentures and allow patients to chew with comfort.
- Implants are used to hold in body prostheses when necessary.
- Implants are used as anchors temporarily to move teeth into better alignment.
- Implants are used to prevent bone loss.
- Implants are used to replace missing teeth.
My office believes in using the best technology and materials that are available. Please ask us about implants and how they can help your smile.
Stephen Weisberg, D.D.S.